What is Cardiac Rehabilitation?
Cardiac Rehabilitation is an individualized and personalized treatment plan, including evaluation and instruction on physical activity, stress management, and other health related areas.
An important part of the treatment of your specific heart problem. If you have one of the following diagnoses, you may be eligible to participate :
• Heart Attack
• Coronary artery angioplasty or stents
• Open heart surgery such as coronary bypass or valve surgery
• Heart failure
Even if you are prone to CVD, a rehabilitation program would mitigate the risk of a cardiac event.
Recent scientific studies have shown that people who complete a cardiac rehabilitation program can increase their life expectancy by up to five years.
Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation:
- Live longer and lessen your chances for another heart attack
- Control heart disease symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath
- Stop or reverse damage to your blood vessels in your heart
- Lessen the physical and emotional effects of heart disease
- Improve your stamina and strength, getting you back to your usual activities, including work, hobbies, and regular exercise
- Improve your confidence and well-being
Cardiac Rehabilitation Offers:
1. A personalised, monitored and supervised exercise program incuding one or all of the following:
• Heart rate
• Blood pressure
2. Assessment of your personal risk factors for heart and blood vessel disease
3. Education and support to make healthy lifestyle changes such as :
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Beginning and maintaining a personalized exercise plan that works for you
ReLivaTM Cardiac Rehab program aims to deliver appropriate dosage of exercise under regular patient monitoring to achieve optimal cardiovascular capabilities.