Running to office? Got to get kids ready for school! Got to meet the deadline. House guests are coming and there is still so much to be shopped. The list goes on and on and what inevitably happens is no time left for exercise. This is not just your story but of the most of the people around. If you are still struggling to find time for exercise, read on to discover some quick and easy tips to get moving.
“Building physical activity back into our daily lives is one of the great public health challenges of this century,” said Russell Pate, Ph.D., professor in the Department of Exercise at the University of South Carolina. “Our bodies were designed to be physically active, and they don’t do well with long-term exposure to sedentary living. Lack of physical activity is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease.”
Follow these simple trips to add some more action to your everyday life.
- Play with your child. Whether you do it at home or go outdoors, just pick up that ball or the bat or both and get into some action with your child. This will not just get your muscles moving but give you a great chance to bond with your child too.
- Walk the dog. Take the chance to walk your dog than to let someone else do it. This is your chance to get some fresh air and also get a quick 10-15 minute walk. The brisker you walk, the better the exercise for your dog too.
- Ditch the elevator. Start using the staircase instead of the lift specially to climb up, Start with getting off one floor below your destination to climb up the last staircase and gradually start getting off two floors below and improve it thereon.
- Don’t let the weather spoil your walk. If it is raining or it is too cold outside, just drive to your nearest mall with your sport shoes on. Walk around the mall, window shopping ( or not), climb the stairs and finish your daily walk.
- Carry your sports shoes on holidays. Walking around in a holiday not only lets you enjoy the weather and locale better but also lets you use your muscles.
- Pursue an outdoor hobby. Whether it is cricket, football, badminton, cycling, tennis or just frisbie; make sure you indulge in it every once in a week. The fun will takeaway the dread from physical activity.
- Park the farthest. Do not fret if you get a parking slot away from the building entrance. Infact try to consciously park your car away and just walk it to the entry.
- Walk the talk. While on a phone call, get up and stroll around the room. While the mind is occupied in the conversation, the muscles would get a decent stretch and movement.
- Goto them. Instead of calling your executives to your desk, take the chance to get up and goto them every once in a while. While they will warm up to your gesture, you will have moved your muscles a bit more.
- Lug the bag. The shopping bag may have become heavy but that gives you a chance to add weight to your walking. Ditch the trolley to your car/home and carry the bags yourself.
So if you still think you have not time for exercise, these simple tips will help you sneak in some exercise in your existing schedule. As they say, those who do not find time for exercise – have to find time for illness. Don’t let anything prevent you from taking care of your own self.